LAX Firing Range is now offering a 2-day basic tactical rifle course. This course will build the foundation of your abilities with your rifle and will give you a complete perspective of your skill level. $420.00 indoor/outdoor which includes the following:
Day 1 – Class room lecture and hands on training going over many topics regarding carbine rifles such as the following :
- Characteristics & Capabilities
- Loading/unloading Procedures (Tactical & Speed)
- Rifle Gear – Top 10 Items
- Personal Gear
And much more. At the end of the classroom portion students will head to the range for static firing practice, zeroing your sights or optic and working on your reloading drills to prepare you for the following day outdoors.
Day 2 – Outdoor
This portion of the class will go over basic tactics and firing your rifle from both a static position and on the move in an open plain and from behind cover. The following gear is NOT included and will be required to attend.
- 4-6 Magazines
- Rifle Magazine Pouches or Chest Rig, Plate Carrier, Battle belt.
We recommend 5.11 gear for some of these options which can be purchased at LAX Range.
- Tactical Pants or some form of rugged outdoor pants
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Outdoor Footwear
- Hydration Source
- 300 Rounds
Most of the gear is available at LAX Firing Range.
Be sure to pre register for these classes as there is a limited number of students per class. To pre register please call 310-568-1515 and speak with the range manager.
- February 16-17
- March 11-12
- April 15-16
- May 25-26. Day1: 5pm-9pm. Day2: 2pm-6pm.
- June 17-18. Day1: 9am-1pm. Day2: 9am-1pm.
- June 29-30. Day1: 5pm-9pm. Day2: TBD
- July 29-30. Day1: 9am-1pm. Day2: TBD
- Aug 24-25. Day1: 5pm-9pm. Day2: 2pm-6pm
- Sept 21-22. Day1: 5pm-9pm. Day2:TBD
- Sept 30 – Oct 1. Day1: 9am-1pm. Day2: 9am-1pm.